Details on the Washington D.C. Lottery Games and Prizes
The U.S. Capital in Washington runs the Lottery in District of Columbia. The DC Lottery began in 1982, and since that time, the lottery has contributed a considerable amount of funds to the education programs, public health and safety, and child services organizations in the state. Everyone who participates in the DC Lottery must be at least 18 years of age or older. In addition to the state games, the DC Lottery allows non-profit organizations to offer their own charitable drawings after acquiring a license from the Board. Also, a DC Lottery employee must supervise the drawings to ensure that the drawings are carried out fairly.
The DC Lottery has several unique games, and they also participate in the Multi-State Lottery Association. The DC lottery games are listed below, with the exception of games that are held in multiple states.
- DC Lucky Numbers is a lottery game in DC that has two daily drawings in the afternoon and the evening. Lottery players will pick 3 numbers in this drawing, and the prizes range between $25 and $250. DC Lucky Numbers is also referred to as DC 3, and you can purchase tickets for $0.50 or $1, with the chance of winning the larger prize with a $1 ticket.
- DC 4 is played similarly to the DC Lucky Numbers game or DC 3. Instead of choosing 3 numbers, lottery players will choose 4 different numbers. The prizes are much higher in DC 4, with prizes up to $5,000.
- DC 5 is another game similar to the other lucky numbers drawings. You can purchase tickets for the DC 5 game in the amount of $0.50 or $1 depending on how much you want to win. Top prizes are $25,000 for $0.50 tickets and $50,000 for $1 tickets. This game gives players 120 ways to win.
- Race 2 Riches is another DC Lottery game that involves choosing horses in the same way that you would bet on horses at a race. You will select the type of bet, the horses, and the place that each receive in the race, and then place a bet amount. You can also add a Race 2 Riches Bonus to multiply your winnings. You could win up to $1,000,000 in Race 2 Riches.
- DC Keno is a game that gives you the opportunity to match specific numbers to the winning lotto ticket. With the DC Keno game, you will be able to quickly select numbers that you want to play and then wager on the game. The maximum prize per draw is $100,000, and you can bid up to $100 on a KENO wager and $200 on a KENO Spin.
The Washington D.C. Lottery has several fun and exciting games that you can play, and you can also enjoy some of the quick play and scratcher games as well as the other popular games.